Discuss 2003 fiat punto cd wiring help in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GarryJ

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I am an electrician to trade however used to wire my own sound system etc when I was younger. A friend asked me to fit a new Sony CD player in a fiat punto 53 plate.

Got the wiring loom, new facia and attempted it today but with no success. I have the wiring diagram from the CD player side which has a switched live, permanent live, ground/earth and supply to aerial/amp.
Speaker connections all appear to be straight swap

I took old radio out and fitted the loom but the connections did not match up so I tested the power connection block from the car which has a pink/ black pink/white red/white grey and black so I tested using my multi meter... black was obviously the ground/earth and I was constantly getting power from red/white so I connected this to the yellow to the cd player which was permanent live. Connected black to ground..... and I was getting power from pink/grey so I connected this to switched live and connected the aerial/amp supply to the pink/black

The CD player comes on but as soon as I turn on the ignition it cancels the cd player out and cuts it off? however cd player functions as should when ignition off. I tried swapping the switched and permanent feed and even taking one out a time etc but still is not working as it should

Can any one help? Or even have a wiring diagram?

Would be much appreciated. Thanks

Reply to 2003 fiat punto cd wiring help in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to help a little, we got our daughter a renault twizy, but the headlights do not work. The side lights...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a tail light for a '12 Ducati Panigale 1199 S, that I can't get working properly. The brake light / daytime running lights...
Replies
Views
Looking for counsel / guidance to replace an original Dayton On/off with speed control switch. I’ve checked with a couple local electrical supply...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a new bathroom fan. We had an electrician who ran 14/3 into a junction box. The black feeds a led light and the red was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock