Discuss 2365 2/3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

Fredwinf

Been reading for days alot of the posts and obvisouly staying away from zero to hero courses is the 2365 lv2/3 suitable for household jobs? Would i have to get an "electrician" to certify what i have done? Im More interested in becoming more competent for DIY than making a career if that was to happen then i understand 2357 would be needed. Please im if misguided anywhere correction would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically 2365 is the technical knowledge that can be transfered towards the 2357 which is the NVQ3. They do this so people can learn this element without being employed or working in the industry and then only need to complete the logbook part of the NVQ3 to qualify. If you were working in the industry you could just do the full 2357 NVQ3 straight off.

Basically 2365 is the technical knowledge that can be transfered towards the 2357 which is the NVQ3. They do this so people can learn this element without being employed or working in the industry and then only need to complete the logbook part of the NVQ3 to qualify. If you were working in the industry you could just do the full 2357 NVQ3 straight off.

And would also have to complete the Am2 and a few bridging units that's not covered by the 2365 I think.

Thanks for the replies. What is the best thing for me then just for personal use mainly? I already have a career and not looking to change just for diy things in and around the house maybe family bits and pieces??

Thanks for the replies. What is the best thing for me then just for personal use mainly? I already have a career and not looking to change just for diy things in and around the house maybe family bits and pieces??
Might be a bit advanced then tbh. You would be more qualified than half the "sparks" in your town with that ☺

So if i did do 2365 could i do my own jobs and maybe familys myself or would i need something to certify my own work? Still a little green to all the different certs. Only interested in domestic.

If you work in dwellings then you would need to register with a competent person scheme for compliance with building regulation Part P. Google NAPIT, NICEIC, ELECSA and STROMA for a start and read the requirements for joining them.

Reply to 2365 2/3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock