Discuss 2382-101 questions in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lauriehurman

I've just up-dated my 2382. Here are some of the questions which I scribbled down word for word.

Four of the tests listed in BS7671 are;

a, Earth fault loop impedence
b, continuity of ring final circuit conductors
c, Insulation resistance
d, continuity of protective conductors

On a construction site the particular requirements of BS7671 will apply to;
a, site canteen
b, temporary lighting supplies
c, staff toilets
d, site offices

With reference to BS7671 the minimum height at which electrical equipment should be installed above a diving board in zone 1 of a large swimming pool is;
a, 1.5m
b, 2.0m
c, 2.5m
d, 3.0m

All circuits in a bathroom MUST have;
a, 30mA RCD
b, disconnection time of 5 secs
c, supplementary bonding
d, protection by a circuit breaker

Which of the following do NOT form part of the protective measure “automatic disconnection of supply”;
a, basic insulation by enclosure
b, basic insulation by barriers
c, non-conducting location
d, protective earthing

The requirements for protection against shock are satisfied if;
a, Zs actual > Zs max tabulated
b, Zs actual < Zs max tabulated
c, Zs actual < R1 + R2
d, Ze = 5 * Zs

The max permissible power frequency stress voltage caused by a HV earth fault could be determined from which one of the following;
a, Ua + 250v > 5secs
b, Ua + 1250v > 5secs
c, Ua + 1750v <= 5secs
d, Ua + 2500v <= 5secs

Locations containing a bath or shower where SELV or PELV is used basic protection may be provided by barriers or enclosures having a minimum degree of protection of;
a, IP2X
b, IP3X
c, IP4X
d, IP5X

Voltage drop in 30 meters of 16mm^2, 2 core, 70deg thermoplastic, non-armoured, copper cable carrying 70A having mV/A/m of 2.80 is;
a, 3.48
b, 5.88
c, 6.2
d, 9.2

Reply to 2382-101 questions in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net