Discuss 2394/5 writen exams! advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

Im currently going over mock exams for testing and insection 2394/5 and mock 17th edition exams to get my moving round the book more. but there's a written exam for each one kind of scared :banghead: any advice on what not to do and what to do

Im currently going over mock exams for testing and insection 2394/5 and mock 17th edition exams to get my moving round the book more. but there's a written exam for each one kind of scared :banghead: any advice on what not to do and what to do
Not done the 2394/5 did the equivalent back when Mosses was in goal for Egypt, but he 17th is a multi choice tick the box exam, if you can call it an exam.

the multi choice questions aren't to hard but im awful at hand written exams and my spelling isnt the best ether so i will possibly lose marks for that :(] haha

the multi choice questions aren't to hard but im awful at hand written exams and my spelling isnt the best ether so i will possibly lose marks for that :(] haha

They aint testing you're spelling or writting skills skills Mike

The 2394 and 2395 written are not too bad at all.

• Don't worry too much about your writing or speed as you get plenty of time. Both of them I finished and checked through 3 times in less than half the allotted time.
  • Go through your mocks as much as you can and if there are areas you are finding you are poor on, revise that entire area of knowledge.
  • GN3 is your bible. All the answers are in there.
  • Revise your terminology well. They expect perfection in this respect.
  • Download the recent chief examiner's reports from the city and guilds website. you will find common areas of failure, and they also like to repeat these areas in upcoming exams.
  • Don't forget the difference. Although very similar the exams refer specifically to either initial verification or periodic testing and inspection. There will be questions that test this, but not very subtly disguised.

Don't even think about your 17th. If you can't pass that you should be a plumber.

Last edited:
Use bullet points,use correct terminology insulation resistance tester not megga ect for 94&95 GN3 is you new best friend! Hope this helps.

I did the 2394/5 last year and found reading the chief examiners reports from the city & guilds website very helpfull just go to city & guilds and search 2394 or 2395 and look in the additional documents section.

currently revising earth electrodes like mad too as i have never had practical experience with them any tips?

Just revise the methods described in GN3. A subject is always harder if you have no hands on experience of it, but the methods and different types of tester are not too hard to get with a bit of revision.

I did the 2394/5 last year and found reading the chief examiners reports from the city & guilds website very helpfull just go to city & guilds and search 2394 or 2395 and look in the additional documents section.

Reply to 2394/5 writen exams! advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net