Discuss 2396 design and verification in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening folks. Does anyone know how many Mark's you require to pass the written exam. Or if anyone would like to share their experiences on the course and the exam itself.

Evening folks. Does anyone know how many Mark's you require to pass the written exam. Or if anyone would like to share their experiences on the course and the exam itself.
As far as I remember it was 70% to pass the written exam, but not 100% on that ;)

I found the course interesting and it enhanced my knowledge in quite a few areas. The written exam is full on, non stop reading and writing for 3 hours I think it was. Pen went down on the buzzer and I hadn't finished it all.
Quite a contrast to 2394/5 written exams which i rattled through in about 25 minutes.

The chief examiner's reports are a good read as they tell you what they are looking for from candidates, and where the last lot went wrong. Here is the most recent one.

Ahh well I glad you said that because I did the exam yesterday and I skipped a question with the intention of going back to it, but I just didn't have time. Did you pass?

Ahh well I glad you said that because I did the exam yesterday and I skipped a question with the intention of going back to it, but I just didn't have time. Did you pass?
I did pass mate. Must have done enough even though I didn't finish. I left the smaller ones til last and concentrated on the large calculation questions first.

I missed a couple of questions and passed. It’s more about the standard of your answers and understanding than getting things perfectly correct.

now crack in with the project and get it done otherwise you may well run out of time, do it whilst things are fresh in your head.

I missed a couple of questions and passed. It’s more about the standard of your answers and understanding than getting things perfectly correct.

now crack in with the project and get it done otherwise you may well run out of time, do it whilst things are fresh in your head.

I've made a start in my project and to be honest I have enjoyed it so far but, i must admit after last night I have lost some motivation.

The exam is a killer, my exact comment as soon as it ended consisted of WTF just happened??? ?

Now the painful wait, only 40% of entrants on mine passed it.

Capture.JPG

Reply to 2396 design and verification in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net