Discuss 3-Ph sub-mains on four 16mm DI singles. OK or not? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mark42

-
Esteemed
Patron
Reaction score
I'm upgrading an existing installation in my own house, and would like a second opinion please.
An existing sub-main, in a separate building about 10m from the supply is fed via four existing 16mm DI meter tail cables in cable tray and conduit. I inherited this installation from when the very rural house was split-phase (ie L1, L2, N, E).
I now finally have a 3 Ph supply and want to exchange the remote DB for a proper 3 Ph board.
May I simply add one more 16mm DI 'meter tail' cable to the existing arrangement? (L1, L2, L3, N, E, all correctly labelled at each end).
I can't see why not. (And I do know about eddy currents and all the singles going through the same hole in any metal enclosure :))
Am I missing anything?
Cheers
Mark

see which is most cost effective, the extra single or the NYY.

see which is most cost effective, the extra single or the NYY.

Thanks. But this is a totally separate job to my NYY question.
The latter is effectively new-build. This is a simple upgrade.

I just wondered what others' opinion of five single 'meter tails' running along cable tray then across an alleyway in conduit was. It looks ugly, but I can think of no reason why it's not OK electrically.

Reply to 3-Ph sub-mains on four 16mm DI singles. OK or not? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock