Discuss 3Ph supply to sub panel in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all, after some advice please.

I have got a small job installing some 16a commando sockets in a farm workshop. The workshop has a 3ph sub DB on the wall which is fed from the main DB on the other side of the wall, about 25m away. The sub DB is supplied from two lots of 6mm2 twin in 25mm conduit acting as the 3ph supply with a 2 2.5mm2 cpc. The sub BD has a front end 100ma rcd as the whole farm is TT.

Other than all 3 phs being tagged red with no other ID, is this method of install an issue?

The rest of the farm is run in 4core SWA so guessing this one had been done some time ago. Any advice welcome. Haven't done any testing yet so dont know any results.

TL;DR
3ph board fed from two lots of twin.
T&E cable has a voltage rating of 300/500 (Uo/U) so theoretically it can be used for 400v supplies. What has been done is somewhat unconventional and you could argue it is a breach of Regulation 521.8.1 but is it a safety issue, probably not.

Reply to 3Ph supply to sub panel in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
At long last my wife is getting her new kitchen and the contractor will be running 10 or so new circuits from a new sub panel. The sub panel...
Replies
Views
Hello, First of all, thank you in advance for any helpful insights posted in response to my question. I have just moved into a new home. With...
Replies
Views
Reaching out for some help/guidance and sanity check. Apologies in advance for the long post, but wanted to make sure it was clear. Thanks in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock