Discuss 3rd week on level 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thommo

Trainee
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Only 3 weeks into my level 2 and yesterday was the first day I have doubts about this course. Why?
It was the first day of science and maths and I have been left totally baffled.
Some of it sank in , but I feel l am already struggling and already lagging behind.
Unless the rest of the class are not admitting to it and I am the only person asking questions. But some are grasping it better than others.
Stayed up till midnight last night trying to make sense of the worksheets .
Made some headway but feeling very despondent this morning.
Can anyone tell me how to access the trainee section ,doesn’t seem very accessible.
Anyway new day today, maybe have a light bulb moment and it will start making sense.

Some people will always grasp some things quicker than others mate, you’ll never learn all the maths and theories in 3 weeks.....don’t stress and keep at it mate ?

Thanks Baddegg, appreciate it
Welcome mate, go and watch John ward and the others on you tube, just immerse yourself in this stuff and it will come....but if you are a trainee get yourself into the trainee section on here I promise you’ll meet some extremely clever people who won’t take the ---- and will explain things in ways I could never do ?

Don’t stress mate, I felt the same recently when I was doing my Cert 4 in instrumentation. I’m crap at maths and stumbled through the PID controller gain calculations. There was two blokes on the course who looked like they were all over it. Found out towards the end that they were struggling and left a lot of unanswered sections.

Math teachers ,always knew what the target was .
My favorite was understanding if I've moved equations about right.
by shoving a few simple numbers in.
6 = 2 * 3

3= 6 / 2 and 2= 6 / 3 ...

three numbers but 3 possible ways to their relationships ... all look different !

Math teachers ,always knew what the target was .
My favorite was understanding if I've moved equations about right.
by shoving a few simple numbers in.
6 = 2 * 3

3= 6 / 2 and 2= 6 / 3 ...

three numbers but 3 possible ways to their relationships ... all look different !
but that's got a 6 in it. have to use both sets of fingers. advanced maths is where you need to use your toes as well.

And don't forget, if you aren't sure about something then you can bet that at least one other person is in the same boat. A lot of people don't like admitting they are not understanding things.

but that's got a 6 in it. have to use both sets of fingers. advanced maths is where you need to use your toes as well.
i was very advanced. had a set of logarithms and a slide rule. . can't remember how to use them any more.

Mate im 28 and in my 3rd year of my apprenticeship at level 3 and still don't get it (not through the lack of trying). It will click eventually i keep telling myself just got to do enough questions and figure out what equation is for what question. Keep chipping away.

Mate im 28 and in my 3rd year of my apprenticeship at level 3 and still don't get it (not through the lack of trying). It will click eventually i keep telling myself just got to do enough questions and figure out what equation is for what question. Keep chipping away.
Cheers mate, exactly that.
Which formula for which problem.
Would like to thank you all for the encouragement ,had a better day today. Just need to keep plugging away

most of the equations and formulae are quite simple once you get the hang of them. but can be daunting when you first see them. here is a useful tool:3rd week on level 2 1592331982049 - EletriciansForums.net

@OP. whynotpost up the sort of things you are struggling with. some of us old timers have easy ways of remembering formulae and short cuts to make the maths easier.
Which formula and when to use it at the moment would be a good place to start mate.
The chart you posted looks like it may get me off the ground.
Can’t wait to see if I can make it work for me. Thanks very much.
My third day tomorrow on science and maths, it seems to be moving on very quickly from subject to subject and I felt I was being rushed onto the next bit before I understood the previous one.
I guess I am just a bit slower than the young bucks. Just hoping I haven’t bitten off more than I can chew at my age.
I struggled to even use the scientific calculator at first.
55 year old now, been a long time since I was at school . Done a 5 year apprenticeship at print college, don’t remember it being so intense.
Mind you that was only 1 day a week.

Are you at your local college Thommo? If so quite surprised if they're are trying to rush it through as they'll normally make sure everyone understood things before moving on.

Are you at your local college Thommo? If so quite surprised if they're are trying to rush it through as they'll normally make sure everyone understood things before moving on.
Don’t think they are rushing it mate, probably me being a bit slow on the uptake.
But some of the young uns are very quick.
Very difficult for the instructor to assist the various capabilities of a class of 14.

Don’t think they are rushing it mate, probably me being a bit slow on the uptake.
But some of the young uns are very quick.
Very difficult for the instructor to assist the various capabilities of a class of 14.
Don't forget that the younger ones knowledge of maths etc. will still be fresh in their mind. It will come to you as you see the relationship to what you are being taught.

Reply to 3rd week on level 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock