Discuss 3rd week on level 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Don’t think they are rushing it mate, probably me being a bit slow on the uptake.
But some of the young uns are very quick.
Very difficult for the instructor to assist the various capabilities of a class of 14.

You will get there mate honestly you will, as others have said you'll always have those in class who seem to get it quicker you, had it in mine where I would still be working it out while others would finish but once it sinks in it does get easier. Best of luck I am sure you'll be fine.

Be careful with just remembering a formula letter by letter without knowing the relationships between things. It'll pay dividends to take the time to learn the 'logic' now.

Also, I suspect that the college are using 'modern' ways to teach/explain things. I can't say exactly what I mean, but I often find that 'modern' explanations of things are very confusing to me... when I finally get to the bottom of it, it turns out to be remarkably 'simple' and feel that it could have been explained in a far simpler way.

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and and advice recently. Just thought I’d let you know I have passed all my theory exams and was especially pleased with the electrical science exam 93% pass.
204 practical assessment tomorrow, only thing I am a little concerned with is the testing on ring final steps.
Been revising it plenty, fingers crossed.
Thanks again

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and and advice recently. Just thought I’d let you know I have passed all my theory exams and was especially pleased with the electrical science exam 93% pass.
204 practical assessment tomorrow, only thing I am a little concerned with is the testing on ring final steps.
Thanks again
Good man....?

Thanks again

Drop @Dan a message and get access to the trainee only area. There's some resources in there and you can post questions and such there if ever you want more detailed feedback.

Congrats btw :)

My most recent apprentice started at 26, so similar age. He found year 2 hard going, a lot of classroom work, design and theory. Stick with it and it will all come good. Ask your employer for help if you can.
And ask anything you want to know on here. There’s many very knowledgeable people who can help. As they say the only dumb question is the one not asked.

I took level 2 at 26 one of the other mature students was 35 and it was only until 2 weeks before we finished the level 2 year that he finally grasped V=IR. Dont sweat it. My first week I was asking what resistance actually was...thinking it was an actual physical thing

I took level 2 at 26 one of the other mature students was 35 and it was only until 2 weeks before we finished the level 2 year that he finally grasped V=IR. Dont sweat it. My first week I was asking what resistance actually was...thinking it was an actual physical thing
rsistance is an actual physical thing. a cooker element is a resistor.it's physical. it provides a path for the current to travel. diss the element and the electrons have nowhere to go. as in they see the nothingness, which by definition is not physical, it's just nothing.

rsistance is an actual physical thing. a cooker element is a resistor.it's physical. it provides a path for the current to travel. diss the element and the electrons have nowhere to go. as in they see the nothingness, which by definition is not physical, it's just nothing.
I'de give the beer a miss tonight Tel if I was you.

As others have said. Get hold of practice questions and use the resources on YouTube. Look up GSH electrical. I’m slightly older than you and have been through a few courses like you. I did A ‘O’ and ‘A’ level maths so was fairly comfortable with manipulating equations. Very obvious though with some of the classes I did that although tutors were experienced sparks, they didn’t understand the science or the maths completely. They had their methods but quite often they ended up confusing the students. Masses of resourses out there. When it come to the exams, get hold of practice questions and get familiar with the style and types. Good luck, you’ll smash it :)

Hi everyone,
Only 3 weeks into my level 2 and yesterday was the first day I have doubts about this course. Why?
It was the first day of science and maths and I have been left totally baffled.
Some of it sank in , but I feel l am already struggling and already lagging behind.
Unless the rest of the class are not admitting to it and I am the only person asking questions. But some are grasping it better than others.
Stayed up till midnight last night trying to make sense of the worksheets .
Made some headway but feeling very despondent this morning.
Can anyone tell me how to access the trainee section ,doesn’t seem very accessible.
Anyway new day today, maybe have a light bulb moment and it will start making sense.
Only 3 weeks in dont worry about it stick at it. Plenty of people here who are willing to help if you have a go at the question we can help you with it. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say

Another thing I'll say is that there was a lad who also struggled with the maths and after just 2 weeks left the electrical course because he found it to challenging....instead he enrolled on the plumbing course.
Is that what you REALLY want??:eek::eek::eek:

Another thing I'll say is that there was a lad who also struggled with the maths and after just 2 weeks left the electrical course because he found it to challenging....instead he enrolled on the plumbing course.
Is that what you REALLY want??:eek::eek::eek:
No Mate, stuck to the task and
finished level 2 today . Passed the bay in a day assessment and moving on to 18th edition regs book next week .
Small steps I know, but still happy with which is an achievement for me.

Finished and passed 18th edition regs now today started level 3 science.
Been given 6 worksheets on resistance inductance capacitance and impedance in a ac circuit.
Christ I knew it wasn’t going to be easy but this is obviously another level :weary:.
Still trying get on the trainee section, gonna need it me thinks.
Not having much success with anything today.
Resistance and inductance in series has totally done me, many questions for my tutor tomorrow.
BEWARE you clever sods I am going to be begging for help come the weekend. Please tell me if I become a nuisance.

Been given 6 worksheets on resistance inductance capacitance and impedance in a ac circuit.
Christ I knew it wasn’t going to be easy but this is obviously another level :weary:.
Resistance and inductance in series has totally done me, many questions for my tutor tomorrow.
BEWARE you clever sods I am going to be begging for help come the weekend. Please tell me if I become a nuisance.
I'll help where I can ?

basically, resistance and inductance both come under the heading of impedence. resistance is a resistance to current flow for both D.C and A.C. inductance only applies to A.C.
[automerge]1596173750[/automerge]
I'de give the beer a miss tonight Tel if I was you.
without beer. life itself is the nothingness. it's intangible, cannot be seen, felt,heard, tasted or drank drunk.

Last edited:

Reply to 3rd week on level 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock