Discuss 90's bands and nostalgia.... from another thread. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You have to state 12 old pennies was a shilling. Decimalisation it was 5 NEW pennies to a shilling hence 10p was two shillings.

I remember the half pence leaving circulation, the introduction of 20p and the years of England not accepting Scottish pound notes after the pound coin came out.
(Still get Scottish notes rejected in some English town)

You have to state 12 old pennies was a shilling. Decimalisation it was 5 NEW pennies to a shilling hence 10p was two shillings.

I remember the half pence leaving circulation, the introduction of 20p and the years of England not accepting Scottish pound notes after the pound coin came out.
Frig me.

So was there two classes of pennies in circulation at once?

Old pennies and decimal pennies?

Irish notes are rejected over in the UK as well, even though they are legitimate Sterling currency.

You have Bank of Ireland, Ulster Bank and Northern Bank (now danske bank)

Frig me.

Irish notes are rejected over in the UK as well, even though they are legitimate Sterling currency.

If I'm right 240 old pence to the pound and 100 new pence to the pound. Not in circulation as this simultaneously though, revalued under decimalisation.

Not totally sure though, far too young for it to be part of my childhood.

Quite rightly too.

Frig me.

There was an Irish chap in front of me in the que at the petrol station. He was trying to spend, what I believe to be an Irish £50 note. The chap behind the counter was having none of it. Probably didn’t help that he had a vest on, jumped out a flat bed with ***** drives and patios on the side, motorway maintenance sticker on the back, orange flashing light on the top and had a mullet haircut :confused:

There was an Irish chap in front of me in the que at the petrol station. He was trying to spend, what I believe to be an Irish £50 note. The chap behind the counter was having none of it. Probably didn’t help that he had a vest on, jumped out a flat bed with ***** drives and patios on the side, motorway maintenance sticker on the back, orange flashing light on the top and had a mullet haircut :confused:

Travellers.

I wouldn't have taken his £50 note either, unless it was scanned under a UV light.

the rot started when harold wilson won election. he lost rhodesia for starters.

Thats Tel, isn't it bet he only filled up with £15.02's worth of die sel

Wasn’t sure which thread to put this in.... there’s so many on the go about old is good, new is bad, let’s have a moan....
This is my thread, so I’ll put it here.

What language do kids speak nowadays? I mean what exactly is a “meme” and why is it called that? I’m thinking it’s a short version of “memory” but I don’t know.

Floss? For cleaning you teeth?

Fort nite? That’s two weeks. I know that one.

My daughters have been copying a dance off YouTube. I’d link to a video, but they are all rubbish.
The song goes “1273, down to Rockefeller Street.....” and they dance along... for about 4 seconds...

I completely killed their fun one day when I went onto YouTube myself and showed them the Estonian entry to the Eurovision Song Contest in 2011.....

Wasn’t sure which thread to put this in.... there’s so many on the go about old is good, new is bad, let’s have a moan....
This is my thread, so I’ll put it here.

What language do kids speak nowadays? I mean what exactly is a “meme” and why is it called that? I’m thinking it’s a short version of “memory” but I don’t know.

Floss? For cleaning you teeth?

Fort nite? That’s two weeks. I know that one.

My daughters have been copying a dance off YouTube. I’d link to a video, but they are all rubbish.
The song goes “1273, down to Rockefeller Street.....” and they dance along... for about 4 seconds...

I completely killed their fun one day when I went onto YouTube myself and showed them the Estonian entry to the Eurovision Song Contest in 2011.....
I blame the parents if they are listening to sh1te like that when my kids where pre teenage I took them to see the Rolling Stones and bands like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers......

I blame the parents if they are listening to sh1te like that when my kids where pre teenage I took them to see the Rolling Stones and bands like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers......
proper dad then.

Reply to 90's bands and nostalgia.... from another thread. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock