Discuss AC At Home Anyone? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

To clean the heat exchanger at the back of the outdoor unit you need room away from the wall to get your hand in with a brush, otherwise it will get blocked being that low down. The lowest i mount them is around 6 inches off the floor as the fan will just suck crap off the floor and draw it into the back of the heat exchanger.
Best height is around 3-4ft off ground for ease of maintenance and less blocking of the fins

As @plugsandsparks said, keep it above ground level. Get the custom wall-mount brackets and elevate the unit by a couple of feet, slide it away from the wall on the brackets, and it's easy to clean, won't suck up debris, and will be more efficient with clean air all around. Plus, if you are using pre-made pipes, you have wiggle-room as to where the unit goes.

As @plugsandsparks said, keep it above ground level. Get the custom wall-mount brackets and elevate the unit by a couple of feet, slide it away from the wall on the brackets, and it's easy to clean, won't suck up debris, and will be more efficient with clean air all around. Plus, if you are using pre-made pipes, you have wiggle-room as to where the unit goes.

What are the custom brackets like? I only ever see them mounted on cantilevers with zebidees.

What are the custom brackets like? I only ever see them mounted on cantilevers with zebidees.
No idea, but ours were mounted on plastic legs:
dual-AC.jpg

I often see big units mounted on feet, but wondered about a neater solution for wall mounting. Periodically ponder the possibility of AC at home and, while I could live with cantilevers, a neater solution would be preferable.
Cantilevers have the advantage the ground is clear below, handy for sweeping out and similar. I guess some channel strut on the wall with anchors or Rawlbolts, etc, would support the arms OK so long as not insanely heavy.

Reply to AC At Home Anyone? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net