Discuss Aftermarket remote central locking on Corsa D in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Iv fitted aftermarket central locking to a corsa B and to a corsa (combo) C

The combo C already had solenoids in the doors and I brought a unit from hawk (hawkcaralarm.com) which was made to work with the exsisting wiring and solenoids and switches, Hawk were very good I emailed them and they got back to me and helped me get what i needed I suspect they would do a similar unit for corsa D and thats going to make it as easy as it can be, and it was very easy to install

The corsa B is an older one from mid nighties without central locking again I got a universal kit from hawk, which comes with wiring loom which you need to run into each door, and a control box that needs hiding somewhere then need a permanent +12v supply and a ground for control box, then the solenoids get fixed to the inside of the doors and the roods come with little clamps to clamp onto the exsisting rods from the door lock (the rods between lock barrel and lock, or the pull up and down knob on the inside of the car), relatively easy to do, but a little fiddily at times.

The corsa B has had that central locking system in it for 7 years now, no problems although about a year ago key remote was broken, so ordered a new control box and key remote and kept the rest of the system the same.

Combo has now been sold but remote looking worked without fuss for the 4 years we had it

Hope that helps

Iv fitted aftermarket central locking to a corsa B and to a corsa (combo) C

The combo C already had solenoids in the doors and I brought a unit from hawk (hawkcaralarm.com) which was made to work with the exsisting wiring and solenoids and switches, Hawk were very good I emailed them and they got back to me and helped me get what i needed I suspect they would do a similar unit for corsa D and thats going to make it as easy as it can be, and it was very easy to install

The corsa B is an older one from mid nighties without central locking again I got a universal kit from hawk, which comes with wiring loom which you need to run into each door, and a control box that needs hiding somewhere then need a permanent +12v supply and a ground for control box, then the solenoids get fixed to the inside of the doors and the roods come with little clamps to clamp onto the exsisting rods from the door lock (the rods between lock barrel and lock, or the pull up and down knob on the inside of the car), relatively easy to do, but a little fiddily at times.

The corsa B has had that central locking system in it for 7 years now, no problems although about a year ago key remote was broken, so ordered a new control box and key remote and kept the rest of the system the same.

Combo has now been sold but remote looking worked without fuss for the 4 years we had it

Hope that helps
Thanks for quick response. I think that my Corsa is a little bit more complicated. I read somewhere that it only has got one wire for lock and unlock. That means that signal hits the wire for lock, and then the same wire for unlock. I bought some cheap remote control system from ebay and it has got two wires for lock and unlock signal. I also find out that ground + purple wire in doors lock the car, but I cant find out which wire unlock the car. Sorry for my english.

Thanks for quick response. I think that my Corsa is a little bit more complicated. I read somewhere that it only has got one wire for lock and unlock. That means that signal hits the wire for lock, and then the same wire for unlock. I bought some cheap remote control system from ebay and it has got two wires for lock and unlock signal. I also find out that ground + purple wire in doors lock the car, but I cant find out which wire unlock the car. Sorry for my english.

Ahh I see, the is probably CANBUS, So as you say it would be a digital signal on the one wire, I would still contact hawk as they probably do a new model which works for that system

The system you brought from eBay sound like the old/traditional method which is 12v + & - to drive door solenoids and then reverse polarity to drive the solenoids the other way (lock and unlock)

Ahh I see, the is probably CANBUS, So as you say it would be a digital signal on the one wire, I would still contact hawk as they probably do a new model which works for that system

The system you brought from eBay sound like the old/traditional method which is 12v + & - to drive door solenoids and then reverse polarity to drive the solenoids the other way (lock and unlock)
Oh, I dont know that they are making controllers for systems like that. Thanks so much for your effort.

Reply to Aftermarket remote central locking on Corsa D in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net