Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Am I going mad or am I not???? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just want a sanity check here. Is the following made of leather or not?
I bought these as leather and when they wore on the piping my daughter and son in law brought to my attention (better eyes than my old eyes) that it is not leather. Go back to company send photos and they are telling me this is leather. I don't know what to believe. Is there a leather assayer in the house? I have taken close ups of the piping and panned back pictures so you get a sense of what I am dealing with.IMG_4875.JPG IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4878.JPG

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
looks like leather to me, it's the stitching that seems to have failed.

Drop a small amount of water on the goods, as real leather absorbs moisture. If the good is fake, the water will simply puddle up on top. But real leatherwill absorb a small drop of water in only a few seconds , telling you quickly if it is genuine.

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
Time for a new three piece, me thinks. Now your semi retired, you can go along with her indoors to Next, Ikea and the like. Spend , spend. :)

D

Deleted member 26818

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like the leather has been vinyl coated.

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
Vort it could be leather plastic ,looking at the first picture looks like its been eaten, have you got a cat or a goat, looks to well arse worn . LOL.

ferg

-
Arms
Esteemed
Google bonded leather.

Because it's manufactured from leather it can be sold as leather. Very misleading IMHO

T

The Ghost

I think that is what we have been sold bonded leather but sold as genuine high quality leather in the blurb. Damn damn and thrice damn!

I bought a white leather settee in 2007 to be greeted with this on the internet -- When i felt itchy -
Sofa dermatitis refers to a persistent skin allergy that occurs in people who have bought leather sofas, couches, and other upholstered furniture pieces containing dimethyl fumarate (DMF), an anti-molding agent. This manifests as eczematous rashes and in some cases, serious chemical burns. In all cases, it is linked to the presence of Chinese-made leather furniture treated with an antifungal chemical.
--so a coating may be better for you !!!--

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
It's pleather ;)

I am sat now,on one of my two Violino recliners....it's leather....and so is the udder one :p

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
Those pictures just poped into me head .from tinternet.:)

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
Wot terrible teeth for someone so young.
Tels are more whiter I'm led to believe.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
OI. leave my bloody teeth alone. they may be tobacco /beer stained, but at least they are my own,

S

Squid

Your vacuum cleaner must be broken as well, tsk

Get the family to sit on the sofa, ooooops I found a photo of yours......... ;o))))))

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 08.09.46.jpg

S

Squid

Those pictures just poped into me hands .from my hiden stesh.:)
;o)))

Looks like the leather has been vinyl coated.
vinyl coated leather! commonly used in furniture is over processed to swell it and make it more porous for adhesion of the vinyl.
pure leather also has a distinctive smell to it and is substantially stronger
its downside is that it needs occasionally oiled or saddle soaped to keep it pliable.
(work leather craft as a hobby!)

Waft a flame from a lighter against it. Will not affect the surface if leather. Will wrinkle if not.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Am I going mad or am I not???? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom