Discuss Am I going mad or am I not???? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

Just want a sanity check here. Is the following made of leather or not?
I bought these as leather and when they wore on the piping my daughter and son in law brought to my attention (better eyes than my old eyes) that it is not leather. Go back to company send photos and they are telling me this is leather. I don't know what to believe. Is there a leather assayer in the house? I have taken close ups of the piping and panned back pictures so you get a sense of what I am dealing with.
IMG_4875.JPG
IMG_4893.JPG
IMG_4878.JPG

looks like leather to me, it's the stitching that seems to have failed.

Drop a small amount of water on the goods, as real leather absorbs moisture. If the good is fake, the water will simply puddle up on top. But real leatherwill absorb a small drop of water in only a few seconds , telling you quickly if it is genuine.

I bought a white leather settee in 2007 to be greeted with this on the internet -- When i felt itchy -
Sofa dermatitis refers to a persistent skin allergy that occurs in people who have bought leather sofas, couches, and other upholstered furniture pieces containing dimethyl fumarate (DMF), an anti-molding agent. This manifests as eczematous rashes and in some cases, serious chemical burns. In all cases, it is linked to the presence of Chinese-made leather furniture treated with an antifungal chemical.
--so a coating may be better for you !!!--

Reply to Am I going mad or am I not???? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net