Discuss AM2 global IR testing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

The boards are ISObar ones, there's a slider that isolates the pins to the breakers so you effectively disconnect the rcbo.

You won't need to test both ends of the ring as you will have proved the ring is continuous when doing the end to ends. There shouldn't be anything susceptible to damaged by IR testing and it's initial verification so you don't link L -N.
I’m not familiar with those. So pushing the slider to off kills the supply to the RCBO, ok.

Do you know if they have a preference on how to test IR? Do they want a 10 stage global test, or can you choose to do it circuit by circuit?

I think they will expect you to do a global IR as it will show understanding, although they can't mark you down, they may keep an eye on you if you don't appear confident.

You won't be watched continuously either but they will ask questions on how you configured it where required.

With the dol circuit, I found the easier to leave the conductors long so that I could bypass the contactor and put it back after the IR testing.

I think they will expect you to do a global IR as it will show understanding, although they can't mark you down, they may keep an eye on you if you don't appear confident.

You won't be watched continuously either but they will ask questions on how you configured it where required.

With the dol circuit, I found the easier to leave the conductors long so that I could bypass the contactor and put it back after the IR testing.
Ok thanks.

That’s a good idea with the DOL, I assumed they wanted to see you use their adapter box thing at the end of the circuit and do it in 2 parts. I was going to try and do it the way you described for R1+R2 of the motor.

Sounds like they are willing to have some flexibility with the testing procedures as long as you show understanding and competence.

Reply to AM2 global IR testing in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net