Discuss AM2 near... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

"make sure you select the 16A fuses for the 16A socket outlet not the 20A. When you lock off, keep the key in your pocket not in your toolbox"

I have put the 16 amp fuses in but on the fuse holders it says 20A. are you sure this is correct?

The current rating stamped on fuse carriers is the maximum current [20A] it can carry safely. The maximum current the industrial socket can carry safely is printed on the lid [16A].

I had a dream (nightmare) a few weeks ago that I was made to redo my AM2 (which I did around two-and-a-half years ago) because there was some ballsup with the paperwork from the centre. Boy was I glad to waken up!

Last edited:
Changes to the AM2 will take effect from the 12th April 2010.

Yeah i heard that, apprently it's being changed to accomodate those who work more often in a domestic environment?
What exaclty are they removing/adding?
I was told that the motor and MI cables are being removed, but i'm unsure of the truth behind that.

Did mine in '89...first time I had ever used a tray bender they were new then(always used crimper)..had to bridge a fixed obstacle...only bent the bleeding tray the wrong way. Had a panic attack and told the instructor who gave me valium:eek: ( joke) told me to calm down and finish installing it the wrong way up...When i finished and he came to mark it....never dropped a mark....there was not a point for bending it the wrong way.:D

hey all. i start my am2 a week tomorrow and i have a couple of quick questions.

is the starter and remote start/stop pre wired or do i have to wire it myself?

on the bonding of gas/water is one continuous length of cable prefered or does it matter if it is cut at the first earth clamp and both ends crimped?

cheers.

You have to wire the starter and remote start stop. its pretty straight forward once you get your head round it. You get a wiring diagram and its like dot 2 dot.

Make good use of your am2 prep.

Keep a continous cable with no breaks for the gas and water bonding. Robo

AM2 CHANGES: FULL S-PLAN, CAT 5, SY CABLE, SMOKE ALARMS, TESTING AND INSPECTION WILL BE 3 HOURS, PROPER TEST SHEETS TO USED, 30 MULTIPLE QUESTION IN 1 HOUR WITH A 90% PASS MARK.
aLL UP AND RUNNING ON 12TH APRIL 2010.

Hiya cheers 4 the info. Hopefully will be doin my am2 next summer some time. Just 2 questions:

1) what is Sy cable,
2) any more detail on the S plan system?

Cheers mate

Reply to AM2 near... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock