Resource icon

Amendment 1 - 18th edition 2020-02-03

No permission to download

Discuss Amendment 1 - 18th edition in the Electrician Resources and Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

have they decided that PME is OK now? or are they proposing 200 mile extension leads?

I downloaded this amendment 1 from the ELECSA website, and thought it would be handy to print a copy to keep with my BS7671. But it won't print, and in fact every page has the stupid "Do not print" working three times at the top and at the bottom of every page.

Now I fortunately don't install EV charging kit, but if I ever come across some e.g. doing an EICR, all I'll have with me is the 18th Edition without this amendment (I don't carry a laptop around).

Can anyone tell me why the IET thought it a good idea that nobody should be able to print this?

I thought that the whole Idea of a free download was that it could be printed and popped into the BBB.

Absolute joke that it cant be printed.

I'm sure someone will find a way

Would someone like to explain; I don't do installation work anymore, but just curious should I decide to have one installed myself.

I have an idea of the current regs with regards PME and chargers, and the options to use, i.e. one that doesn't need a rod and disconnects live conductors in the event of voltage between cpc & earth etc. But this seems to add more detail (which is above my head :))

Just thought I'd leave this here if anyone wanted the corrigendum separately.
[automerge]1591907240[/automerge]

Here you go
Thank you

So anyone doing the exam from now will need to take into account corrigendum May 2020?

Thank you

So anyone doing the exam from now will need to take into account corrigendum May 2020?

You'd probably need to take in the big blue book, the corrigendum for that, amendment one and the corrigendum for amendment one. So 3x separate documents as well as the regs book.

Shambles much?

Reply to Amendment 1 - 18th edition in the Electrician Resources and Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock