Discuss Amendment 2 coming out next year thoughts? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just been reading an article regards Amendment 2 coming out next year.
The requirements for AFDD is going to create some interesting conversations with customers as they are not cheap. Unless manufacturers get their act together I would be surprised if in 12 months they have stock or are sensibly priced.
Its hard enough to get a consumer unit or RCBO at the moment,

DaveyD

-
Arms
Reaction score
I'm hoping it's like metal boards, RCBOs, led downlights, and SPD's and competition wins out.

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just been reading an article regards Amendment 2 coming out next year.
The requirements for AFDD is going to create some interesting conversations with customers as they are not cheap. Unless manufacturers get their act together I would be surprised if in 12 months they have stock or are sensibly priced.
Its hard enough to get a consumer unit or RCBO at the moment,

has this been confirmed now then?

UNG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When paragraph 3 states
As with all Amendments to BS 7671, it’s only when all of the comments that were received during the DPC period have been reviewed and considered that the final version of BS 7671 Amendment 2 is issued. As such, some of the proposed changes we’re discussing may or may not come into force.
What is the point of the article unless it is to condition us for the inevitable

If all the proposals go through it will do nothing to improve safety as it will price people out of updating / upgrading their electrical installation

Reply to Amendment 2 coming out next year thoughts? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.