Discuss anti-social neighbours in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

diditrain

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals.
Has anyone got any advice for dealing with my nuisance neighbours. Constant noise, swearing etc. Unable to relax in my own home any more.
Have complained to the housing association on numerous occasions to no avail. Like banging your head against a brick wall.

I think you may be better off talking to Environmental Health.

Im sure these are the people for the job, but you may find you need to keep a log of all the events etc.

Got to be honest, unless there are any serious issues, you may not have much luck.

Worth giving them a call though.

Cheers

This is the best thing for noisey neighbours....
anti-social neighbours {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I might know some people, ones called smith and the other is wesson.:D

P.s if I had smileys like Dave then I could illiustrate it for you!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone the police and keep phoning them. After a certain amounbt of calls they start to get a bit angry with them and then the council/police get them issued with nasty bits of paper or move them on. At least that is in Scotland.

try a solicitors letter.it will cost about 50 quid but might work.failing that talk to environmental health at your local council

I've had similar problems with the ****** who lives in the flat above mine - police say they can't do anything, environmental health said I had to keep a diary of noise over a 3 month period and the flats in my block are numbered such that I don't even know which flat he lives in.
My landlord has agreed to let me put up a new ceiling, so hopefully that should help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to decide whether your neibours are bad or just mad. The mad type are can be made more tollerable by befriending them, the bad ones are for the authorities I'm afraid, as posted above. The police though are unlikly to be any use to you untill you have been harmed by your neibours. I've had to deal with both sorts in the past. Best of luck.

2x wrongs don,t make a right but give em some back, show em when they are a sleep you can be just as noisey, soon stop, dont be brow beaten.

Hi guys and gals.
Has anyone got any advice for dealing with my nuisance neighbours. Constant noise, swearing etc. Unable to relax in my own home any more.
Have complained to the housing association on numerous occasions to no avail. Like banging your head against a brick wall.

hi there

i know this sounds really silly but when you go out leave on classical music just loud enough to cause a small humming noise drove our **** heads mad. If you get it right is at the same frequency as their bl**dy hangovers:p we also used to leave an amp on low to do the same thing.

taxis at one in the morning to take them away !!!:D causes more noise:rolleyes: but at least it is your fun not theirs :eek:

cheers

Have already complained loads of times but it`s like banging your head against a brick wall.
I will probably try the legal route. Maybe the housing association has a case to answer

Reply to anti-social neighbours in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock