uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Anyone got any Raspberry Pi experience? in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Julie.

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I'll have to head over there and join up. I suppose the fact that I've never used Python won't help. I'm great at PHP and BASIC (remember that? QB64 is an excelent modern version) so looks like I need to learn a new language too.
It's worth learning in any case, although I am not sure it would just be a cheap alternative to a dedicated converter.

You would need the pi, plus either a rs232 shield, or a 232-usb to connect the 232 into the pi

Edit:

You don't have to use python, you can use any number of languages, provided there is a compiler around, so C, perl, basic, and so on.

Last edited:

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's worth learning in any case, although I am not sure it would just be a cheap alternative to a dedicated converter.

You would need the pi, plus either a rs232 shield, or a 232-usb to connect the 232 into the pi
May not be cheaper but it'll be a challenge. Plus I'll learn something new in the process.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Python? who said Python?

"This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late parrot! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This is an ex-parrot!

Julie.

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Python? who said Python?

"This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late parrot! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This is an ex-parrot!

Hit it in one.

Python is named after monty-python!

Raspberry pi - is part named after the pi (py) in python

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And not forgetting, in these unprecedented days we live in.....

“I’m a lumberjack and I’m [email protected]

sorry. Wrong song

“Always look on the bright side of life”

Doo. Deedoo. Deedoo doodoo deedoo

UNG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This thread is making me think I need to go to the wholesalers or more to the point the butty van by the wholesalers for the monty python.. spam, bacon, egg and..........spam

Reaction score
My mate is having , networky issues with latest kernel .
You get something working nicely remotely- then security "Progress" brakes things.
Just wish that the answer always was 42 with coding issues !

Reply to Anyone got any Raspberry Pi experience? in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net