Discuss Anyone here install aerials or satellite? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eskimo39

Hi guys, do any of you on here install tv aerials or satellite? Work is looking a little thin over the next few months so I have some time to get back to college and do my NVQ2 in Signal Reception.

I already have my working at heights and £4mil Public Liability insurance so with the introduction of Freeview coming my way have decided to install aerials.

On new builds I always install all coax and cat5/cat6 on first fix and then have to pay a sub contractor to come and put up an aerial and set it all up.

Is it really as simple as fixing the appropriate aerial, and then using a decent meter to help align it etc? Can anyone recommend a good meter around the £500 mark for Terrestrial and the same for satellite?

Thanks

Reply to Anyone here install aerials or satellite? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hello All, This is my first post as I'm a new member so please be gentle :) I am in the process of renovating my house and have run in two coax...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Maybe it's a bit long one but I've got a big task ahead! I want to rewire my house and ungrade consumer unit. I'm looking to achieve...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi guys. this might seem like a silly question. considering im self taught in alot of tech stuff. but TV aerials etc i know jack about. purely as...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. im an electrician and wiring a block of 50 flats. Currently starting on 5 show Floyd...
Replies
Views
  • Question
"Hello All", I have a problem with bad interference on the reception of my Home`s TV`s that are connected to Sky Digiboxes in other rooms via...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock