Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know of a shallow Besa Box? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ian B

-
Reaction score
We have a few Klik plug-in ceiling roses to install in a low ceiling cottage, but they are directly under some Oak and Steel beams that have been plaster-boarded over :bigcry:
The rear of the Klik rose is very shallow so thinking of a shallow besa box to recess into the plasterboard - depth available is probably only about 15-18mm.
Anyone know of something suitable?
Thanks.

you can get 15mm2 deep round white pattrices from most wholesalers, a lot of sparks use them for fitting smoke detectors on in commercial premises.

MDJ: thanks, although I thought the only ones I recall seeing were quite a bit larger diameter than a besa box?

rich: Thanks, have tried to find that on the MT site but their search doesn't seem to want to work for me. Any chance of a link??
I did find their TCR2 ceiling rose adapter, Marshall Tufflex> Home > Cable Management > Industrial / Commercial Trunking > Mini Trunking but not sure of diameter and suspect it's too big

I did find their "Ceiling Connector Box" that goes under and up beside a joist, that I've never seen before, but it's only half the solution I need :sad:
http://www.marshall-tufflex.com/cable/tech/Accessory Boxes and Enclosures.pdf

Cheers

Reply to Anyone know of a shallow Besa Box? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net