Discuss Are Memshield 2000 MCB compatable with mem shield 2 boards? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes they do, they are identical MCBs with a different sticker on the front. The 2000 board is the domestic variant of the memshield 2 range.
But you will need to check the standard and short circuit rating of a 2000 mcb if you wish to use it in a non domestic environment.

Yes they do, they are identical MCBs with a different sticker on the front. The 2000 board is the domestic variant of the memshield 2 range.
But you will need to check the standard and short circuit rating of a 2000 mcb if you wish to use it in a non domestic environment.

That looks better news it a 3 phase board but in a large house, way out in the sticks so very low PSCC

It is 6 of the 32a RCBO's that I need but CEF quoted £130 ish each.

That money will buy a lovely new full RCBO solution with plenty dosh to spare. Even second hand ones at ebay prices will set you back a fair chunk, and then you are taking a gamble with unknown parts.

Apologies if I got that wrong. I was certain they dont fit,have both types on the shelf so will have a look tomorrow.

edit...the ones I thought Paul was referring to were the old white mcb's which are different,I think they were just called Memera though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the RCBO add on modules still available, they used to fit on a standard mcb and were about £40 each

Yes they are but at £100 ish each.

I tried a white mem breaker in the board today and it looks promising, I have some 2000 series RCBO's comming from eBay so hopefully they will fit.

Reply to Are Memshield 2000 MCB compatable with mem shield 2 boards? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net