Discuss Aren't professional photographers great. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Saw an article on BBC news site today that a photographer took 2 million photos of President Obama during his time in office. 2 million? That means if you looked at each photo for 2 seconds, 24 hours a day it would take month to look at them. How on earth can you be classed as a real photographer if you have to take 2 million photos to get a few hundred good ones? Mind you, it means I stand a chance of producing a few good ones, I just need to keep clicking!

He has taken some great photos though,

and its "someone said he'll probably end up taking 2 million photos"

I like these ones,

2 Million Photos In 8 Years Or What It’s Like To Be Obama’s Photographer - https://www.boredpanda.com/barack-obama-photographer-pete-souza-white-house/
Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 12.07.46.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 12.08.10.jpg

I thought that's how professional photographers operated. Take 1000's of photos, and by the law of averages, one of them will be the money train?

Friend of mine is a pro a lot more work is involved then just pointing a camera and pressing the shutter button (but then again most on here are just cable pullers and tea drinkers who bitch about plumbers ;o)))))) ), a few years back he did invest in a Digital Hasselblad for about ÂŁ35k,

Heres a couple of his older shots,
Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 13.30.29.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 13.30.55.jpg

Aye, I used to do weddings 12 on a roll or 20 on a 220. Every shot had to count , no rattling them off like a machine gun.
I had a Mamiya 645 100s too, also access to a Hassleblad , I could not afford one of my own.
Your Leica will be mint , my mate had one .
My 35mm were all Minolta . Great lenses.

Obviously always wanted a Leica and when they rolled out the M7 I thought it was the death of the true Leica so I bought an M6 with 35mm Summilux. It is the epiphany of German engineering.

If you remember the old Praktia camera , the early ones befor the iron curtain had Leica lenses . I think they were made in Dresden.
One of the lads at a local camera club had one . He turned out some magnificent prints from it.

Mmm not so sure about that but the Leica lenses are certainly sharper than my Mamiya or Nikon lenses.

Yes , they are the best . I had one on my enlarger.
The Rokker on the eary Minoltas were good too.

I will have to look up the early Praktica , my memory is not what it was .
but I am nearly sure the Russians took over the factory and produced the Praktica , Which to be fair was a decent camera for the price.

Bit of a tangled web but it is more likely linked with Zeiss Ikon and Contax but not Leica. I have tried to understand the Russian and East German camera industry but it is certainly a hard path to follow that is for sure.​

Reply to Aren't professional photographers great. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net