Discuss Armature winders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ron

Hello,

could someone please tell me whether armature winders run the risk of an electric shock in the course of their work.

Cheers

Ron

Hey Ron.

I came across this job desciption on a recruiters website.

Armature Winder

Dexterity and an alert mind are needed for this kind of work because even small mistakes can cost a loss of money and time. It would be your task to locate the faulty or broken part of an electrical motor in which the coils have burnt out or been damaged and replace it with new parts or completely rewind the coils. Your eyesight should be very good and you must be able to concentrate intently during rewinding procedures. Wire coils constitute some of the most important parts of any electrical machine.

In the workshop, you would be supplied with a diagram of the specific machine and use various kinds of testing instruments to locate the damaged coil. Once you found it, you would have to decide whether to repair it or replace it. If your choice was to repair it, you would completely dismantle the machine, clean it - even a speck of metal can cause a short-circuit in a coil - and rewind the coil. If there were no diagrams, you might have to draw your own. After checking every coil thoroughly you would have to record your findings. Your working conditions would usually be pleasant and clean due to the fact that dirt can damage a coil. The hours are normal and the workshop would be well lit. Most armature winders sit on a high stool and work at a well equipped bench.

Hope this is of some benefit to you.

Cheers.

Reply to Armature winders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net