Discuss Asbestos survey in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, a touch off topic, but I imagine many of you have needed to arrange asbestos surveys before you carry out jobs so you might be able to help.
We’re looking at buying place built in the 1950s, and for our own peace of mind when doing DIY would like to know if there’s any asbestos present.
So how much would you expect to pay for an asbestos survey of a 2 bed flat in the south east?

In Bath so not too different to SE prices I imagine would pay between £200-300 for all ceilings in a 2 bed or small 3 bed to be sampled. if doing it yourself expect to pay much less but you have to take it to the lab

As above, the last house I worked on that the home owner had an asbestos survey was about £250 (asbestos was present in the ceilings and all were taken down proffessionly prior to rewiring)

Hi all, a touch off topic, but I imagine many of you have needed to arrange asbestos surveys before you carry out jobs so you might be able to help.
We’re looking at buying place built in the 1950s, and for our own peace of mind when doing DIY would like to know if there’s any asbestos present.
So how much would you expect to pay for an asbestos survey of a 2 bed flat in the south east?

Hello dreyisday

There are essentially 3 types of asbestos surveys, these are management, refurbishment and demolition surveys. It sounds like you require a refurbishment survey. This type of survey will aim to identify all asbestos items within the fabric of the building using intrusive techniques (opening of plasterboard stud walls, checking beneath flooring etc). The areas we survey can be targeted to where you are carrying out your work, for example, if you plan on replacing the kitchen and bathroom, we shall only survey the kitchen and bathroom.

The cost for a full refurbishment survey to a 2 bed flat in the south east will cost around £250-£300 (dependent on your scope of works) and this will include all sampling and will aim to get the report back to you within 5 working days.

drop me an email [email protected] with more details and I'd be more than happy to give you a more accurate cost.

I run Kent Asbestos Solutions, I'm a fully qualified and insured asbestos consultant.

Speak soon!

Reply to Asbestos survey in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net