Discuss Asessment bodies in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

lurch

-
Reaction score
Firstly I hope this is in the correct forum.

Does any one out there use an alternative assesment body other than the NIC? If so what advantages does this offer, including cost, ease and/or practicality of using this particular body, and finally what body do you use?

Thx in advance
Lurch

Hi Lurch
Elecsa seem good and a bit cheaper than NIC also NIC are set up for the customer so be prep to sort out probs yourself and Elecsa are set up for the contractor and from what ive heard are good and offer help/advice if needed quickly. Hope this helps.
Regards
Kung.

I've been scanning the varis bodies, and the ECA site seems very clear cut. Has anybody had any experience with them?

NIC sems very heavy going.

Thougts please . . . . . . . .:D

I've found the nic registration site ok just type in post code then check boxes for work done then thats it siimple really

I've been scanning the varis bodies, and the ECA site seems very clear cut. Has anybody had any experience with them?

NIC sems very heavy going.

Thougts please . . . . . . . .:D

Elecsa are the ECA'a Part P scheme and if you are just mainly doing domestic, then its them you need to contact.

Although, i think if you are a member of the ECA then the Part P is covered with that scheme.

However, the ECA are more difficult to join if you have just started in business, as i think you need at least 30K turnover and three years accounts.

In a nutshell, Elecsa are fast becoming a popular scheme to join.

Jason

Initially domestic, but plan to move onto bigger and better things !! Do you know if I join ELECSA, can I move onto the ECA at a later date as one of there competent contractors.

I sent an enquiry into ECA last night and they advised that you can become a "provisional" (I cant remember the exact pharse they used) member on the terms that you can present 2 years books in the future in excess of £30k. I did not see anything relating to ELECSA on there web site.

Rgds

I sent an enqury to ECA last night and they rang me at 0830hrs this morning!!

The chap advised ELECSA the way to go and straight forward to move to ECA in the future. Stil loking into it tho.

Rgds

i went wit niceic a bit more money but if your doing mainly domestics they have more clought with the customer that the others ie more work

could you expand on that one a bit more please? I'm not sure how the NIC are gonna get me into a domestic install. . . . in my opinion, the punter on the street has no preference to which assesment body joe bloggs is assigend to, more that Part P is being adhered to. Part P certainly seems to be the buzz word on the street. :)

Howver, more than happy to sign up with NIC if they can shove some work my way.

Rgds
Lurch

The NIC are probably the most recognised with the public etc, but as you say, many members of the public are not even aware of Part P.

They will not shove more work your way, but the branding MAY get you more.

Jason

I my opinion it's the other way around. The public (ie. householders) are aware and becoming more aware of Part P. The NIC to them is slightly removed removed from them, even thoiugh more recognisable in that the logo has been in there faces for as long as I can remember.

Yes the NIC is the big brother of assesment bodies and far bigger in the industry, assosciated trades and commercial organisations.

Rgds
Lurch

The NIC are probably the most recognised with the public etc, but as you say, many members of the public are not even aware of Part P.

They will not shove more work your way, but the branding MAY get you more.

Thats what i am saying Thanks Jason you beat me to it

Reply to Asessment bodies in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock