Discuss Aube TH232 showing HI in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello

My Aube TH232 is showing the error message HI which means the actual floor temprature is above 70C

But its not....the floor is at ambient temperature of 24C

Its not the thermometer as I have swapped it for a new one with the same error message

So I presume the sensor has failed? Would I be correct? Even if nothing has changed and the sensor is embedded in the floor somewhere?

The system is approx 18 years old but has worked fine until now

Are there any solutions that don't involve ripping the floor up to put in a new sensor? Could I attach a new sensor and just leave it hanging?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Confused...

I don't suppose they put a back-up sensor in there may be some unterminated wires within the controller.

So this back-up sensor isn't already under the floor?

Your options are to pull the floor up to fit the new sensor, get a controller which doesn't need a sensor or see if a remote sensor (doesn't need to be under the floor) is compatible with your controller.

Thanks all

A replacement sensor is not going to feasible and I'm not wild about digging up the floor

If anyone has any suggestions about a new controller and remote sensor I would be delighted to recieve them

Many thanks in advance

Thanks - I also saw this in the instruction manual

Unfortunately the controller was originally located in a cupboard in the shower room that contails the boiler so that's why I was thinking about a new controller with a remote sensor

Unfortunately there is no remote for the Aube so I need a different make

But thanks for all your help

Reply to Aube TH232 showing HI in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock