Discuss Auto selecting DCDC charger input in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a strange situation where I am designing a system for my mother's motorhome. I want it so she doesn't have to change any wiring while on the road.
I have a 12v LiFePO4 battery bank in parallel, and will connect it to a DCDC charger, which will connect to the alternator for charging while she is driving.
The problem I am having is that I want to also connect an AC to DC power supply (which is withing the V and A of the solar input of the DCDC Charger - 25v/25A/625w), as well as her 400w of solar on the roof. Now, I don't want to just connect these up in parallel and connect to the solar input and fry the solar panel when she plugs in at caravan parks (or wherever). I was hoping there would be something like a SSR or auto switch that when there is voltage in the line coming from the AC-DC power supply, it breaks the circuit of the solar.
I was hoping that the DCDC charger can pick up the 625w from the power supply and put that into a form that can then charge the battery, then when she disconnects from AC the solar takes back over.
I hope this makes sense. Please feel free to throw any questions for info that I may have missed. Here is what we already have and don't have:

I Have:
  • LiFePO4 battery bank
  • 25V 25A AC-DC Power Supply (this is not a "charger" but a fixed voltage and current power supply
  • Renogy 50A DCC50S

I DON'T yet have:
* Any switches/relays needed to isolate the circuits....

Thanks in advance,
Stu

TL;DR
I want to break the solar input when I connect to AC power

Reply to Auto selecting DCDC charger input in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock