Discuss Automated gate system in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jon Hodgson

Hi all, I have a bit of a problem with an automated gate system one of the main problem is I can't find a manufacturers name on any of the equipment theres nothing on the PCB only thing I can get its the name of some of the parts manufacturers.

The issue with it is that the gate was opening normally then it stopped, I believe that its one of the relays that has gone down on the PCB
as when you connect the safety sensor to the board it begins to start a relay clicking, and if you remove the sensor and link it out it does the same thing. But im at a bit of a loss on how to test out the relays as Im not that on the ball with electronics

Relays in question are Shori S7-12 datasheet is here http://124.219.27.219/big5/maker03/htm/PDF_new/S7.pdf

If I can pin point the culprit I'm looking to replace it.

Any help or suggestions that you can give are greatly appreciated

Thanks

try posting a couple of pictures. someone may recognise the make. it could be something simple like seized up linkages causing the electronics to shut down to protect the motor/s

Just trying to get one sorted at the moment. Have taken a multimeter to the bank of 5 relays and one has very different readings to the others as they are all identical relays logic should dictate that the one with the different readings to the others is the culprit I would imagine

try swapping a couple of the relays round. see if it makes any difference. don't forget that your readings may be corrupted by other components on the board.

And if that does'nt work check that the "magic eyes" have'nt been misaligned or obscured. Been a lot of rain lately too.

Well the phones not playing and nice and wont let me upload a pic. But I'm fairly certain after having regoing through it and looking at that data sheet, that the relays not supposed to be linked from the coil to the out put ;)

Ive taken all the numbers i can from the board and searched them on google all to no avail. Having replaced the relay that was faulty the system is still not working. Ill post a photo of the PCB its self and maybe someone will be able to identify it from that.

Attachments

• Automated gate system 2012-07-09 09.35.05 - EletriciansForums.net
    2012-07-09 09.35.05.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 39
A picture of the reverse side might help, that's most likely where the FCC code would be. I also note it says Lampe not lamp, so possibly French speaking origin.

Reply to Automated gate system in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock