Discuss Bad solder joint on circuit board. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

N12345

DIY
Reaction score
Hello all, I would greatly appreciate anyone's opinion this matter.

Can this be repaired by simply resoldering? I'm concerned about the blackened area around the joint which looks to be burnt and also the wider discoloured area around the joint.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220113_140938~2.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 17
Looks like that could be repaired by looping some tinned copper wire around the component leg, and then soldering it to the track.

As above. Old style 5A fusewire if ideal for the job, if you can still find it.
If the board is carbonised, you dig it away with a small screwdriver, possibly stabilising whatever component is on the other side of the board with hot melt glue. If the hole gets really large, you can glue on a patch of 'veroboard' .
Resolder with proper lead/tin solder, not the useless lead free stuff.

Reply to Bad solder joint on circuit board. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
Dear Community, I am at the initial phase of my camper van conversion in China, in which I am planning to live and work together with my wife...
Replies
Views
We have this type of "mechanical" timer switch to control our central heating, which is Potterton combi boiler. The switch keeps failing after 2-3...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’d appreciate views on the fuse board. https://ibb.co/xj0BtZt It’s been completely rewired and I’m unhappy with the quality. I’ve...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock