Discuss Bathroom downlighters??????? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

KFORDHUNTER

Can you tell me if it is acceptable to fit a 240v ip65 shower light above a shower or do you have to get 12v ones, also can you fit 240v ip20 spots in the rest of the bathroom, the circuit will be rcd protected and the bonding is adequate.

Help, i am a little confused on the subject.:):(:):(:confused:

yeah think ya ok installing your ip65 fitting as its a self protecting luminaire, also would presume its possibly at a height greater than 2.25 so defo ok (i think the fitting can go below this height if suitable ip rated)(someone confirm this??)

id also put the same fitting throughout a bathroom i know you can end up paying another 15 bucks for the privelidge but atleast theyll all look the same, and charge it all to customer anyway so...

rich

Not only the rcd, but also the m/w cert and notification. If the room has a shower via a flexi hose then there is also a risk from water jets, hence IP the whole lot and enjoy a bit of uniformity about one's install. :):):)

Reply to Bathroom downlighters??????? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock