Discuss Bell 801 entryphone installation issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

I have bought a Bell 801 entryphone from Amazon UK and replacing my old one(which wasn't Bell 801). My old phone wiring diagram was numbers as opposed to Bell's one which reads IROTZ.

I have tried to mirror the positioning of the cables based on the old model but the new Bell 801 doesn't seem to work properly.

1- I can barely here the person on the other end when trying to buzz in(and the person also struggles to do so).

Would it be anything to do with the wiring?

Please see photo attached, can anyone point what wrong with the new model?

Thank you

Attachments

• Bell 801 entryphone installation issue Screenshot_20230301_114243_Gallery - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20230301_114243_Gallery.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Bell 801 entryphone installation issue Screenshot_20230301_114327_Gallery - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20230301_114327_Gallery.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 13
Without the original connection diagram, or the new one, it’s impossible to say as the terminals may not be in exactly the same order.

What’s the make and model of the old one?
Google is your friend in these situations.

Without the original connection diagram, or the new one, it’s impossible to say as the terminals may not be in exactly the same order.

What’s the make and model of the old one?
Google is your friend in these situations.
Hey littlespark,

Thank you for your reply.

Don't remember the make of the old one but the photo attached where I wrote "old device" shows the setup of the wiring in working condition.

That's all I have.

Google hasn't been that helpful to-be honest.

Thank you

Reply to Bell 801 entryphone installation issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock