Discuss Best labelling machine for electricians in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Whats the best labeller to get for general labelling, plus I really want one that you can print the circuit label strip off for a consumer unit, as I usually hand write them, but my handwriting is s@*t and the stickers that come with the boards are always missing one or two I need which is so annoying

I've had the mid-range Brother for ages and it's not bad at all. 18mm labels, and does consumer units. This is a very good price too right now.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/brother-pt-e300vp-hand-held-label-printer/3279G?kpid=3279G

It's just about big enough depending on how much text you squeeze in
1675880230679.png

However, if I was buying again I'd get the big brother model that also let's you design labels from an app on your phone and print even bigger labels.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/brother-pt-e550wvp-hand-held-label-printer/1264g

Also Brother, but check online for offers, e.g. I bought mine a few years back at Screwfix half price, they periodically seem to have good offers on them.
Same, although I think it was toolstation in my case.

They both have offers from time to time.

Worth watching and waiting if possible.

Plus 4 🤣 admittedly it got more use during Lego sorting seshes than actual electrician type work (cu labelling etc). I started with the 300 as I thought I could find a way to put custom labels on it (I couldn't) them got the 550. 300 now stays as a backup

Plus 4 🤣 admittedly it got more use during Lego sorting seshes than actual electrician type work (cu labelling etc). I started with the 300 as I thought I could find a way to put custom labels on it (I couldn't) them got the 550. 300 now stays as a backup

I originally went for the cheapest one for £30 which I use for simple switch labels. It also saves me the time of having to change tapes in the 550 which is a must for me for CU's as it's quick and leaves them looking more professional.

Last edited:
Another + for the 550. For me, the ability to print 24mm labels vs 18 along with creating/saving/reusing labels from the app swung it in favour of the 550. The 300's a great bit of kit if it does what you need though.

Another for the 550, the plus for me was the laptop app to send designed labels too the 550 to print, much better than trying to sort the various labels out on the small unit screen.

"Another for the 550, the plus for me was the laptop app to send designed labels too the 550 to print, much better than trying to sort the various labels out on the small unit screen." Or a phone.

Reply to Best labelling machine for electricians in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net