Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Its BOSCH for me had a 24V for 7 years of house bashin abuse before some **** nicked it.
Totally agree ,had my 24v Bosch for five years.Had the drill replaced two years ago by previous employer,and the original batteries are just starting to fade.Also bought the 10.8 kit two years ago, the angle drill is brilliant for kitchen second fix and the screwdriver has a permanent in my everyday toolbox.Only used the impact driver a few times,but its ther if I need it.

It's Makita & Bosch for me.

But like most tools you get what you pay for if you go for the entry level models you can't compare them to higher spec models of a different make.

Hilti all the way for me. Really expensive but more than worth it. I bought a 36v TE-6A 7 years ago for £530 including VAT and still use it every single day. Ive got a TE-2 110v corded drill which was a good buy at £130 again about 6 or 7 years ago and still performs like new. Ive been saving up and have just replaced my screw gun with a Hilti SFH-22A which was £330. I reckon itll last a long time so thats how im justifying it. That and not telling the missus how much it costs.

Hi new to the forums here, found this interesting as my local wilts have started stocking milwaukee does anyone have any experiance with their 12v range as i wanted the 10.8v bosch cordless but the milwaukee stuff looks much better .

I think Milwaukee is the best on the market at the moment.
I use the 12v drill driver and it is top notch.
A friend of mine uses the Makita 10.8v but he only does the light girly work lol
I used to be a big Makita fan but it Milwaukee all the way for me.
Even tho i sell them now dont get my hands dirty out on site anymore lol

Just aquired a new 18 volt combi, the Bosch GSB18VE2-LI. Swapped from Makita for a change and although a tad heavier, I reckon the Bosch will out live the Makita. It feels so much stronger. Batteries are only 2.6Ah but can't tell any difference from the 3.0Ah Makita ones.

We'' have to wait and see how things go with it.

depends what your budget is. i got the makita 28v off ebay for i think around 80 quid i was well impressed. bank hol coming up so keep your eyes wide whilst everyone is on the beach (maybe not bank hol weather) and you could end up with a great deal.

Thing is with a so called entry level tools, you tend to find them cheapish. The thingis, so people will say wait till you can afford a better specced and more expensive model.

If you intend to use the tool daily, then persomally I would wait/save/beg/borrow/steel to get the cash and buy a good quality one from the start.

IMHO with an SDS the batteries have realyy got to be well specced to get any decent usage out of them.

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net