Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
I couldn't get away from bosch tried most but think bosch is better although been using a workmates milwaukee recently and thats what i'll be getting next;)

but used loads of ryobi gear whilst working for that company(not the power tools division), and some of the stuff was really good.i think in the end you get what you pay for

I bought a huge box of the Ryobi one+ stuff really cheap from Costco a while back there are a couple of tools that i wanted which are handy but rarely needed (Right angle drill, recip saw, circ saw, little dust buster etc) it also had a snader combi drill some other bits and 3 batts in a big bag for £200

really impressed for the money batt life is decent tools comfortable and makes it easy to have charged batts ideal as a spare set to go with my makita kit like the one+ idea and you can get some funky bits inc a 6 batt charger 12V charger radio torch etc buying bare tools is cheap and you can Lion batts as well not so keen on the lion bright green tools.

Have some nice features like magnet on drills perfect for holding screws etc buitl in bits and a little level

Milwaukee power tools are really gaining ground on the Dewalt's and Makita.
It is very robust and they have some interesting ideas too.
Has anybody tried the 36v stuff??

I come form a multi trade background and just started an electrical course all my power tools are either Hilti or Dewalt ,cant fault either make at all.
A mate of mine has purchased a new 7 tool kit of Hitachi and swears by it !!

i'm very happy with my Li Hitachi kit, the only thing I don't like is the noisy fan on the charger. A mate has Festool which is great but expensive.

my last sds cordless was a makita, never again. 1st battery died within 7months, the 2nd within 10 months and the drill was pretty much dead within the year. took it back to screwfix who gave me a complete 100% refund.
so bought myself a hitachi 24v, now this has stood up to every test ive thrown at it, its a bit heavy and looks like a gun off toy story but for 350 im not complaing, even though theres one on offer at 100 less as the wholesalers :mad:

got dewalt drills, started off with the ryobi 18v many moons ago managed to get back what i paid on the set but kept the cordless flouri 8 hour charge off a single battery fantastic

I find that most tools crap out in the cold. Hilti makes a good solid tool that has more power, lasts longer and stands up to the heat and the cold. The only down side is the price but you can buy one Hilti or 5 of the other guys.

Anyone use Milwaukie (sp)?
Dug out an old 18V of mine when my Dewalt gave up the ghost. Has been in the garage for 2 or 3 years, and only used a few times. I expected the batteries to be fubar'd after being stored for so long, but they've been fine, and its actually a nice drill. I doubt my Dewalt or many other brands would have been much good if treated the same.

I only use Milwaukee now.
They pretty much take everything u throw at them.
i still got and old dewalt 24v but the batteries are not as good as other makes.
I have leant my Milwaukee out to a few guys i know, and they have bought all new drills from me.
One guy was a real Makita fan but even he changed his mind

I got a hitachi 110v drill. bril. really fast drilling and its light 2. also very cheap

i got a wickes professional 18v drill and had it bout 5 years now. good drill but the batteries aint very good after some abuse

my 24v dewalt i got second hand and its brill, and i buy non branded batteriesofff ebay. seem no different ot the real dewalt batteries.

I used hilti on big jobs and they are brill. batteries l;ast ages and powerful too.

makita lxt, tried the grinder for tray and trunking, and it was'nt upto the job, the batteries didnt last more tha a min cutting. this was with the 1mm discs too!

Milwaukee 28V lithium range is great kit

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net