Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi

Mine is Dewalt personally, but I think they may be getting a little expensive of late. Maybe they are getting a little big headed.

Many Thanks

Leo

My Dewalt is poo. Just sold my XRP 18V combi and I also got a brand new 110 SDS from my company which I put to the back of my van. Can't beat my 110V Bosch Multidrill and 24V Bosch SDS

I have used Dewalt for years, both mains and cordless,many years ago I was a service engineer then a manager for an industrial power tool company,B&D's industrial tool brand (Elu here) Dewalt in the states were the best sellers and the most reliable.

Dewalt pricy here but I buy mine from the states at a fraction of the price including the shipping.
Recently bought a dewalt 18v Jigsaw cost about £88-00 all in compare that to the UK price.

The only time I have had a problem with a dewalt was last year when my sons bought me a dewalt random orbit sander from the uk.
Worked twice and packed up, dewalts local repairer did it in one day ,been fine ever since.

Alan

Ihave used makita tools for the last 15 years and my first drill that i bought still works my father has it and swears by it, i did have a relapse after having my van broken into and bought a 12v dewalt which wasnt powerfull enough to drill a 20mm hole in metal trunking but that was stolen from me on a site ,if he wanted it i would have given him it, but it gave me the excuse to go back to makita

by the way hello every one:)

Panasonic for battery drills. High capacity batteries and masses of torque.

Dewalt is Bosch in fancy clothing. Hitachi look good but are crap. AEG have lifetime warranty on tools and batteries on some ranges, might be worth a look.

Makita for 230v tools.

Cheers

Used to swear buy bosch, but have found my newer 24v sds is poor in comparison to my old one that is still going( one with battery level indicator), battery doesn't last long, killed 2 batteries. Hvae recently bought makita 6 piece set with grinder, skill and alligator saws impact and combi drills. I think i'm in love !!!!

When I first set up on my own, I went to buy a Dewalt 110v SDS and the bloke in the shop said ' Get a bosch mate, dewalts get returned, bosch's dont'. He also went on to point out that a Bosch was twenty quid cheaper. Ok I thought, actualy thinking he was on some sort of bonus, I will have one.
Nine years later, I still have it, its still going strong and has had some proper hammer (no pun intended). The only thing that has happened is every now and then the flex breaks insid the handle causing a bit of the old ' Norman Collier' cutting out.
As a result of this, the flex gets shorter and shorter, but I dont think thats bad all in all.

Bosch for SDS everytime. DeWalt 5 piece cordless set has never let me down. Makita for right angled drilling (will do 38mm auger through 3inch joists like a knife through butter).
Ryobi !!! leave that for the kitchen fitters and DIYers.

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock