Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The batteries are a little dated, look wise yes, but the design and quality of the other tools is unreal.

We have Metarbo, Trend, Electro beckum, Paslode, Bosch, Skill, Ryobi, Festool, hitachi, Makita, Dewalt & many more, tools in the workshop though, If i had my way it would be only Festool with a little dawalt cordless stuff chucked in for good measure. Then again if i had my way id be driving a sportX to work too.

Interesting poll, I have a mixed bag of tolls Ryobi, B&D (yeah i know but its handy) BOsch etc and am loking for an all common battery type for cordless, oddly tho my old man who doesnt do much DIY has BOsch pro cordless 12V drill driver and chuck gave up after 6 years of very little use the Ryobi one+ system appeals but not sure if worth the risk my Ryobi SDS+ is ok but not as good as Bosch/DEwalt. What do people think to Erbauer exclusive to screwfix in the UK i think I bought one of their chasers to replace a Ferm unit that died but havent had chance to abuse it yet.

Like all tools,choice of drills is different with everyone.

Never been one for brand names and I get mocked by some for mine, I have B&D 18v for screwdriving and small holes in plastic and metal and B and Q own brand mains powered SDS drill for larger holes and chasing.My company supplies 110v drill (Makita) but i rarely use it. Replace the battery one every 18mnths or so (at 50 quid a pop)but had the "B&Q special" for 5 years, chased out so many houses i,ve lost count and its never let me down.
Also it only cost £45 and came with a chuck converter and selection of chisel bits/drills etc, they only cost £65 in my local B&Q nowadays so if it ever does break i will give another one a go.

Then again maybe i'm just tight:)

Here goes for my first post !

I think the trouble with Dewalt owners is the fact we want to continue to buy the Bare units so we can save on not having to carry so many chargers or batteries. I use 5 x 18v units and have 4 batteries and 2 chargers. I never run out of power.

But i have used better Makita and Hitachi. not keen on the Hitachi styling but they are superb and well made. I also have a Impact cordless PANASONIC that is a dream come true and far superior to my Dewalt that got stolen.

would i buy Dewalt again?? maybe not.

But what i really think is the best idea ever is METABO passive security feature than makes any stolen tools useless. I heard of a job that got robbed and they left a guys Metabo as they obviously new "whats what".

But when i win the lottery I am going to buy a Festool van of stuff !

WHO??????????????????:confused:

Like watches.
Dewalt are the "Rolex" (Too much money for nothing special, owned and faked by everyone !)
Festool are the "Vacheron Constantine" ( Pure class )

Last edited by a moderator:
i am probably going to get slated for this but i invested in a ryobi one plus set and am really happy with it

of course it is cheap and a bit erm diy`ish but none of it has let me down so far and has proven to be rugged enough for "proper" work

keyword here for me is cheap, and the thinking is that..... if it breaks just buy another without batterys as they really are cheap as chips like that

the stuff i really love in my kit is... jigsaw,circular saw,flou. light,torch of course the drill and my favourite the radio :D

i got all this and lots more for way less than i coulda got the jigsaw and circular saw from de walt

deffinately worth a look if your on a budget for battery stuff

that is if you can handle looking a bit like you have fisher price tools:D

I also think that clients expect to see a good workman use good tools. Ryobi are just too "cheap". The internet has reduced the prices to acceptable levels these days.

yea yea nothing changes i used to get slated in school for my cheapo trainers as well

you know they work and last just as well you name lovers

pikey plumbers dont use ryobi!!! they use the de-walts they keep stealing from you guys off site and out of your vans and you KNOW they leave my ryobi:p

Panasonic only have a small range and the real cheap ones are nothing special

But move up the ladder and it becomes real good stuff and the batteries work for ever

Had a makita Combi LXT arfter 2 weeks the chuck kept comming undone. Took it back got a refund now looking to get a cordless SDS to replace it. Wont be getting another makita.

I also think that clients expect to see a good workman use good tools. Ryobi are just too "cheap". The internet has reduced the prices to acceptable levels these days.

Best Powertools brands around!! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

i took this one for you luke :D

clients couldnt take there eyes of me hoover and were askin about the radio to keep theyre dog company during the day....i was like erm plug one in maybe?!?!

is luke a robot?

anyone know a good robot translator?

i think he said.."yes im jealous and im writing the ad for my dewalt gear on e bay right now and ordering me self a load of ryobi gear" not sure tho:D

Maybe but Ryobi is still the 'fisher price' of the electical world - sorry but it is TRUE!!!:p

¿¿ɐʇıʞɐɯ ɹo ıɥɔɐʇıɥ ǝqʎɐɯ
¡¡ıqoʎɹ ʎnq ʇou plnoʍ ı ǝɹns ɹoɟ ʍouʞ ı ʇnq ˙ʇlɐʍǝp ʎnq ʇou ʇɥƃıɯ ı˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ ɟɟo pǝɹɐʇs ı ɟı ʇıɯpɐ ʇsnɯ ı

haha i wish i knew what that means i think he might be insulting the size of my tool:eek:

"Maybe but Ryobi is still the 'fisher price' of the electical world - sorry but it is TRUE!!!:p "

hahaha i know those are my words but it does the job just fine thank you :D

i always had poverty pumps in school and i know i could run as fast if not faster than the big boys in nike or puma.....maybe if i didnt have the pps on they wouldnt have been chasin me though:p:eek:;)

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock