Discuss Bolted connections for busbars in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any information anywhere regarding busbar bolted connections?

recently working on two lots of terminations, one lapped and one clamped. I’m specifically looking for the effects of using bolts in different orientation on the same connection.

so one bolt with the head to the front and another with the nut to the front. I’ve always put them in the same way to be uniform and was wondering if installing them With no order could cause an issue?

potentially causing an issue with expansion rate? Or with pressure distribution on mating surfaces?

TIA

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

MDJ

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Providing it is very tight and the bolt a minimum of 8 mm2 IME then either way will be fine, use spring washers as well so the nut and bolts do not loosen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for replies.

it’s actually on a contactor Moeller DIL H2000

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Bolted connections for busbars in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom