Discuss Boris Has It ... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

. Is this not a bit hypocritical
This is a tricky one ,The truth is somewhere below
a) I blame his fear of re-infection. Different strains rumours !
b) Pregnant partner .... Why I forgive him
c) Something to hide ..
d) Better recuperation opportunities - Perks
"... He's the nearest thing we have to a king ..In his head .. "

It is questionable.

He has to go somewhere, and needs protection. I believe No 10, hasn’t got very good out of hours hospitality service. And when he's feeling better, could run his office out of Chequers. Perhaps the non security staffing levels will be reduced. He could also self isolate, and have he's meals left outside his bedroom door!

Where would that be for Boris?

Previously he spent his time at no 10, most weekends at Chequers. He flogged his own pad in London last year, as he bought it with his ex-wife. Tricky one.

Last edited:
Latest press conference. 'Record amounts of PPE in NHS'
Basic 'political' statement IMO.
I reckon, somehow, that is to be expected at present.:rolleyes:
Some idea of how much more is needed for the safety of health and care workers and how long it will take to provide, would be much more appropriate.
Over 10,000 hospital deaths, alone. RIP to them and all the others.
Good luck and great thanks to ALL care workers.

Boris has now been released from hospital. Apparently now he’s going to stay at his official country retreat (2nd home). Is this not a bit hypocritical especially as the former Scottish chief medical officer did the same thing. Seems like different rules for different folk.
Can’t see a problem if he leaves hospital,goes there and stays there?

Can’t see a problem if he leaves hospital,goes there and stays there?
But he didn’t. He has gone to Downing Street from the hospital.

He’s the PM in receipt of protection, not like a fellow MP or member of the public. His current position is more complicated than most. So after picking up his hairbrush he’s gone to the well-being of Chequers.

If people are bothered where Boris has gone then are they bothered that the queen has ditched Buckingham palace?
The Queen relocated to Windsor before any lockdown restrictions where in place so it’s not really relevant.

It was more a reply for people saying that you should isolate in your primary residence, which Windsor Castle is not.

My view, unless your not going from place to place, then it’s not an issue

I have to question when the news presenters state “the number of deaths related to Coronavirus has increased again”

well it’s not going to decrease, is it?

It’s just the way they say it.... like the TOTAL number... they usually go to the daily amount a little later.

fingers crossed, there has been a slow down in the increase of the daily numbers... so maybe we are nearing the peak?

and sad news today of one of the Goodies, Tim brook taylor passing due to corona, and Stirling Moss.... not due to corona

But London has way more cases & deaths; know where I'd rather be.

Presumably, Boris needs to isolate (as well as convalesce). So being at no10, wouldn't be good for the rest of the government, if they have to go to work there.

Reply to Boris Has It ... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net