Discuss Bosch GOP 18V - 28...... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had to replace my old old green Bosch multicutter today at short notice and opted for the above largely due to the fact I have a fair amount of 18V batteries.
This machine is an absolute beast in comparison to my old one. It must cut through stuff at least three times faster than the previous one. The starlock plus blade system is so quick and easy too. When the blade became blunt it continued cutting through at a fair old pace which surprised me.

The only down downside is the cost of the blades (£5 each for Fein ones), but I'm hoping that alternatively branded blades will be readily available soon.

Now that my multicutter is cordless I think I will be using it a lot more for chopping out backboxes and chases, not to mention cutting bigger trunking etc etc.

So,in summary: if you have an old old 230V multicutter like I did then get it upgraded - you wont regret it!!

Really? You can cut into brick with it? Learn something new every day eh! What blade do you use for that?

I meant for dry liners. I think the blade SWD mentions would do it, but do it slowly...

And thanks Charlie, I used Saxton for years but can't seem to find any with the starlock fitting. I wonder if Bosch/Fein (as they developed starlock together apparently) have fairly stringent copyrights in place. I did manage to find one cheaper source of them but it looked like it would just fall off in use. I ordered 12 Fein blades in the end at a fiver a pop. Certainly more expensive than £2 ish for the Saxton..

Have a look in Screwfix. They sell an adaptor from starlock to standard blades. I keep meaning to get one for my GOP.

Are you sure it's not the other way round? Seen the adaptor to change from 'standard' to starlock. My old cutter blades were held in with a 5mm alan bolt, and an adaptor would have to have a deep threaded part on it..

Yeah and keep the price of the accessories high while they are at it! I don't know how long the starlock has been around but they have Plus and Max versions out already (a bit like SDS).
Cheaper copies will turn up regardless of copyright if that is a factor. I am hoping the likes of Saxton have just not got a steel press as of yet to make the 3D star shape...

I emailed Saxton, and Fein/Bosch have patents on the starlock design, so it is unlikely that cheaper variants will be readily available.
Shark blades did seem to release a starlock blade but they are not available any more (probably after a stern letter was sent!)
So, bear that in mind I guess to anyone thinking about getting a star-LOCKED tool!
Think I may have to stock up on the Fein blades, cheapest I saw worked out around £4.50 a pop.

Reply to Bosch GOP 18V - 28...... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock