Discuss Bosch Professional impact driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
My Bosch 18v GSR Professional impact driver started smoking and stopped after 9 years of hard work this week. The Combi that came with it got mistreated and lasted 4 hard years. An independent tools repairer had told me the Combi's motor was no longer obtainable. Anyone out there happy with their current Bosch models.

My Bosch 18v GSR Professional impact driver started smoking and stopped after 9 years of hard work this week. The Combi that came with it got mistreated and lasted 4 hard years. An independent tools repairer had told me the Combi's motor was no longer obtainable. Anyone out there happy with their current Bosch models.
That's the danger of smoking

I’ve just sold my 24V GBH Bosch SDS to Cash Converters for £25.
Purchased it second hand for £150 in 2002/3.

hello Spin, bought a GBH in 2009, still going strong, very useful
cordless when working outside and customer forgot to leave a lead through top window before they went shopping.
Anyone using the impact ?

thanks Cid and ruston. Will give Miles Tools a call.

If they don't have one , try elsewhere , that was the first one that came up. I have repaired dozens of tools for the lads and been lucky up till now getting the parts from the net.

Many a time I’ve thought that my combi was gonna give up, the way I was treating it but with a 20 second, no load spin and a few nice words of encouragement, it always comes back stronger! I like the kit and it serves me well THOUGH I haven’t tried any other brand extrensively.
The 18v SDS with hammer only function is a winner.

Got a lot of Bosch gear and very pleased with it all, owned over the past 5/6 years and haven't had any issues with any items.

Wouldn't mind a DAB radio though!

Most of my tools are Bosch and had very few issues. Only one that died on me was an 18v combi drill (through misuse by me though). It was one of their cheaper combis so I just bought the better quality metal chucked bare drill to replace it. My 36v SDS and corded planer are still good after 10 yrs. Day to day I use a 12v Milwaukee and 12v Bosch drill driver. I have found the Milwaukee poorer in terms of ergonomics, and that it is more prone to jamming when switching between settings. Although it does have some grunt on it. Bosch are generally very good, think their batteries are a bit overpriced and naff though.

Reply to Bosch Professional impact driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock