Discuss braided network cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

moving into a rented house and i always check the condition of the cables on display to make sure there not fraying or worse now when i looked at the main incoming cable i noticed they have renewed the service cable to a new head with a 80amp fuse(labelled) but from the service head there is a braided cable going back into the loft i think into next door is it worth getting the DNO out to check the condition and hopefully remove it and reroute it.
many thanks for any advice.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
haven't got kids wish i had but when I married her i didn't realise that she was a beko (friged) getting pictures soon thanks for all the brilliant replys.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I am even sadder then that, I read the Daily Mail..............
Read it myself,from time to time,like the Bible,Tora,Quran,etc,got to read them,to express an opinion....parents were journalists,it's a curse;)

I always like to think,that the Daily Mail,is a papery version of the child-catcher,from Chitty chitty bang bang...;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thank you for all the help and advice I called the network guys out and they said the cable was old but in good condition it's volcanized Indian rubber and its supplying next door when they went I tested all the sockets with a plug in tester it showed up reversed polarity and one with no earth. All caused by the previous tenants.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Are you sure they said the VIR cable was fit and safe for continued use?

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to braided network cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom