Discuss Brake lights driving me crazy in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mazdal

-
Reaction score
Hello all. Any help/advice much appreciated.

I have a problem with the rear lights and brakes on my Mazda 3.

The rear lights are LED clusters rather than individual bulbs. One side comes on intermittently. If I have the rear lights on and then touch the brakes the rear lights go off and stay off until I switch them off and on again. The centre brake light in the back screen works fine.

I tried it plugged in the other side and the unit works.
I replaced the brake switch.
I cut off the plug and socket and replaced them with a connector block in case they were dodgy.
I checked with a multimeter that power gets to the light by touching the live solder points on the light. It gets 14v. It seems to get 14v when the lights and brake is off. It gets nothing if I put the lights on.
I did continuity on the earth at the solder point on the light and on the body and that was fine and constant.
Earths under the bonnet are connected fine.

The light switches are in the indicator stem, but i haven't checked this as i don't know how.

If anyone had any suggestions then that would be great. Otherwise anyone in the herts area that isn't going to charge me a bomb want to take a look at it?

Cheers.

Reply to Brake lights driving me crazy in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a 2014 mazda bt50 and I'm having trouble woth my tail lights. On one side the tail light and indicator doesn't work but the brake light...
Replies
Views
I'll try to make this quick... A month ago the taillights all went out, checked the fuse it was blown and replaced it. A couple day later they...
Replies
Views
Last weekend I experienced a weird electrical fault with my 2010 Peugeot Boxer Van. A little background - the van is a 2010 Boxer 330 2.2 Short...
Replies
Views
Hello all- I hope this is the right place to ask this question. A few weeks ago the LED lights in the kitchen started flickering intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock