Discuss BS numbers anybody got a list in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

All has anybody got a list of BS numbers for CUs and RCD, MCBs starting to pick up some EICRs and it would be handy to reference for say an old wylex or MEM CU

Yep thanks for that Nicholas but I was looking for the old boards ie new Wylex is BS 60947-3-2 but the old Wylex is BS5419 so I was wondering if anybody had made or has a list of these

i use it regularly to estimate resistance, knowing the approx length of cable.

Yep thanks for that Nicholas but I was looking for the old boards ie new Wylex is BS 60947-3-2 but the old Wylex is BS5419 so I was wondering if anybody had made or has a list of these
For a listing of most of the relevent older BS standards see the 15th Edition:1981, Appendix 1, pp102-104.

look...the long and short of it is this...:
its all about characaristics of fuses to BS3036 , 1361...your BS 88`s etc...and of course your MCBs to BS3871 and BSEN60898....RCDs to BSEN61008 together with RCBOs to BSEN61009...to me its all about withstand (whilst still good for continued service) and MAX withstand..fire etc....trust me....the only thing that will count on an EICR old.....with its schedule of inspections & test certs will be:
the type and rating of the fuse at the origin of supply (DNO fuse)
the type and rating (with max withstand) of the overloads....(for sub and finals)
the type and rating for RCDs used as the main incomer...
(typically an 100Ma S type...(on the 16th)
and other jargon that i will neither bore you with...nor insult your intelligence..
With regards.
Glenn.

and well....i think we all know by now that theres no time/current charts available now in the BGB for fuses to BS1361....so look to BS88-3...........and thats just before anyone starts...lol....although as i guess most in here know who i am by now...someone will....lolffs...

Reply to BS numbers anybody got a list in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net