Discuss builders supply- amendment 3 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
afternoon

first time since amendment 3 came out that I have had to install a TT system

I need to install site temps on a plot of land ready for new build flats.

UKPN will be installing a new PME temp supply

Am I right in thinking I am ok to take my tails through a nylon Wiska tail gland- through a amendment 3 board using a clamp. with a 100ma timed delay main switch.

then 30ma RCBO any of the circuits out of here that need them. think they are getting site cabins with pre wired boards in them anyway.

Cheers

Are the sub mains in swa? The site cabins will probably be 30mA rcd main switch is all.
the subs will likely be SWA yes and yes the cabins will propably has boards in them so 30ma protected there.

but need the 100ma upfront as will be a TT for a construction site

but my query is more re tail entry into a metal board on TT.
is just using a plastic gland and a tail clamp satisfactory

the subs will likely be SWA yes and yes the cabins will propably has boards in them so 30ma protected there.

but need the 100ma upfront as will be a TT for a construction site

but my query is more re tail entry into a metal board on TT.
is just using a plastic gland and a tail clamp satisfactory
Would you not consider a 100mA time delayed RCD?
EDIT----Apologies in post one you said T/Delayed it had gone from the next post but assume still being so. Metal or plastic preferably a IP one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last plastic board I did was a few months ago at a small tourist attraction, my CEF gave me a sideways look and said "You cant use those now"!!
That reminds me, I'd better get them to order the one I need for next week.....

I went to a tech talk and a DB manufacturer actually hinted that plastic consumer units for use in domestic installations maybe coming back!
How he knows is anyone’s guess
Perhaps it maybe possible in a future amendment with including AFDD’s to the circuits inside the DB which should take care of any loose connections causing arcing?
Hmmm

Last edited:
Op i like the idea of having the RCD up front of the metal db just in case. Otherwise no point in earthing the db as nothing will trip if the case becomes live due to a fault on the tails

afternoon

first time since amendment 3 came out that I have had to install a TT system

I need to install site temps on a plot of land ready for new build flats.

UKPN will be installing a new PME temp supply

Am I right in thinking I am ok to take my tails through a nylon Wiska tail gland- through a amendment 3 board using a clamp. with a 100ma timed delay main switch.

then 30ma RCBO any of the circuits out of here that need them. think they are getting site cabins with pre wired boards in them anyway.

Cheers
There is the option to install it to 17th edition spec IF the installation was DESIGNED prior to Jan 1st 2018.
If so,that would give you more time to familiarise yourself with the updates for future installs designed after Jan 1st.,it's just an option but may assist you.

There is the option to install it to 17th edition spec IF the installation was DESIGNED prior to Jan 1st 2018.
If so,that would give you more time to familiarise yourself with the updates for future installs designed after Jan 1st.,it's just an option but may assist you.
Installing a plastic board would not be to 17th Ed spec it would be compliant to the 18th Ed.

Reply to builders supply- amendment 3 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock