Discuss Bunches up lighting circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fire hoods are only required where a fire barrier needs to be maintained. Suspended ceilings with ceiling tiles are rarely, if ever, installed as fire barriers.
For the other ceiling you would also need to confirm whether a fire barrier has been breached or not.

Whilst it is good practice to do it not all holes in a fire rated ceiling would need to be fire sealed either, depending on the number and size of the holes and the type of fire rating.

I recall reading in Building regs somewhere, that whenever work is carried out, it shall be no left no less safe than it originally was. Whilst there’s no argument about fire zones, even in a normal domestic property, the plasterboard ceiling is installed not only for cosmetic purposes, but also to protect the structure from a fire.

When I was with a Scheme, the guidance was wherever you breach a plasterboard ceiling, wall etc it must be returned to its original fire rating, or as best you can.

You need to confirm that all conductor connections are correctly located in terminals and are tight and secure..
In this instance they can’t be..
Therefore, C3

I recall reading in Building regs somewhere, that whenever work is carried out, it shall be no left no less safe than it originally was. Whilst there’s no argument about fire zones, even in a normal domestic property, the plasterboard ceiling is installed not only for cosmetic purposes, but also to protect the structure from a fire.

When I was with a Scheme, the guidance was wherever you breach a plasterboard ceiling, wall etc it must be returned to its original fire rating, or as best you can.

I once had it explained to me that 527.2.1 required this.

Reply to Bunches up lighting circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock