Discuss Cable sizing full process in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MFS Electrical

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
when I was an apprentice, one of our lecturers had us copy out from start to finish all of the equations for cable sizing and de-rating on the very back page of our regs book . And where to find the various factors I know that the equations are obviously in the regs but just wondering if anyone on here had a copy or something similar of them all in the same place as I’m wanting to give it to my apprentice to stick in the back of his reg book. He is struggling a bit with the equations and coming to the right answer. Trouble is I can’t find that regs book and I was daft enough not to copy it into each consecutive edition:oops: so I may want it a little for myself too :p

I find referencing the equation on the back page and giving a page number is easier and helps me navigate the book easier as well. Plus there's no risk of transcription error and relevant information is also near the equation in the book.

I find referencing the equation on the back page and giving a page number is easier and helps me navigate the book easier as well. Plus there's no risk of transcription error and relevant information is also near the equation in the book.
Not sure I get what you mean mate? Are you meaning just writing the page numbers down on the back page?

Reply to Cable sizing full process in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi There Just a quick one, I'm wondering what's everyone's thoughts on this are. A subby has clipped a cable to a plaster board ceiling using 3m...
Replies
Views
I am an enthusiastic retired engineer rebuilding a barn in France from scratch and am having problems sizing my incoming electrical cables. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a client who is developing a plot of land for a single house. Currently, their 100 amp service cut-out is in a cubicle fed by...
Replies
Views
So, I already have solar (an older FITS installation) and it's been particularly successful so I want to extend this. I'd like to do two things at...
Replies
Views
Don't come across this very often - but I've had a CU delivered for a caravan job (not static btw), and it's been supplied with a neutral...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock