Discuss Car AUX buzzing/static noise in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I recently buyed a Opel Astra H GTC. It has a CD 70, with Bluetooth and AUX etc. So for music I used used AUX, cause the previous owner left me his 3.5mm cable, but few days ago it broke. I started hearing that buzzing/static noise like theres "no signal" when turning volume up, it is annoying. So I thought it was the cable. But even if I disconnect the 3.5mm jack from AUX input the sound still continues, so I thought it the CD charger broke. Tried switching to FM, used CD, even tried a FM Transmiter that you plug into the cigarette lighter, works fine, no buzzing/static noise etc. So the AUX is the problem, google didnt help me much, some say dust got there, some say that some wires "disconnected a bit" and short curcuit problem, some say ground loop (dont know what it means), some say alternator noise (didnt try starting radio when car engine turned off, just power on from key, will update)... I physically dont have acces to the wires that go from next to the handbrake to the CD charger or where they go, so cant do much. Anyone good in car elextric can help?

Reply to Car AUX buzzing/static noise in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I tried to summarize in the title, I'm having an interesting buzzing issue in a residential home. Problem: When Lights are turned on, all 3...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I'm getting a bit desperate, as my car has been at mechanics 3 times already and nothing really helped. Here is the problem: My...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
In our house's master bedroom, we have an interesting setup. We have a kill switch to cut power to the room due to my Dad's EMF concerns. (Nothing...
Replies
Views
I have a new car and have moved my kids in car DVD screens from a Passat to an Audi Q3, there is a significant whining noise and lines across the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock