Discuss career prospects in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,i am sure heavy lifting paid well because i had a chunk of it,i will admit parts of that job have sunk,ie;drivers of 300 tonne £2million cranes sleeping in the back of vans as routine....don't get me started....But,the repair,maintenance and set-up involved in this industry remains lucrative.Remember,fast track instruction,SLI's,interlocks and alarms may allow a driver to lift an 80 tonne vessel,but let me tell you,it is 7 years plus before you attempt to fix out'....Your second question regarding tunneling,i was referring to sewer/infrastructure work,jacking,boring and under pressure,(no,not what your missus gives you at christmas...) If you are seeking a job offer with details,i cannot help you,this is for you to investigate.Good hunting.

Hi,i am sure heavy lifting paid well because i had a chunk of it,i will admit parts of that job have sunk,ie;drivers of 300 tonne £2million cranes sleeping in the back of vans as routine....don't get me started....But,the repair,maintenance and set-up involved in this industry remains lucrative.Remember,fast track instruction,SLI's,interlocks and alarms may allow a driver to lift an 80 tonne vessel,but let me tell you,it is 7 years plus before you attempt to fix out'....Your second question regarding tunneling,i was referring to sewer/infrastructure work,jacking,boring and under pressure,(no,not what your missus gives you at christmas...) If you are seeking a job offer with details,i cannot help you,this is for you to investigate.Good hunting.

sorry, but didn't understand much
I could hunt for a position in few heavy lifting companies, but I am not convinced about the profit. I know oil and gas pays well, due to the dangers of the jobs, but I haven't seen any evidence of heavy lifting industry paying well too, maybe a relative job ad?

I had an offer for an interview for such company, but I am not sure I will go. It's that in addition, I am afraid of heights. Doesn't this job involve working in extreme heights?

as for tunneling, is it about maintaining cranes and other construction plant machinery? I don't see the profit of that industry as well.

It would appear i am administering a physical form of admonishment to an expired equine...may i advise further integration and research on your part before pressing us on this topic.Over and out :stuart:

Reply to career prospects in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net